Women's Health in Olathe, KS
Ready to get started?Book Now
What Is Women's Health?
Women have unique health concerns that deserve the care and experience of an understanding team. At UpCare Clinics, Dr. Priya Gujarati and our other trained professionals are skilled at treating the healthcare needs of women in our community. At our Olathe, KS facility, we proudly offer Pap smears, well-woman exams, and general women’s physicals to address gynecological health, sexual wellness, and primary care needs. For more information about our women’s health services and to schedule a visit, contact us today.
What Do Women’s Health Services Include?
Women’s health services typically include a well-woman exam or other screenings or physical tests focused on the unique health needs of female individuals. They allow a healthcare provider like Dr. Gujarati to assess a woman's health and provide preventative screenings and services. Here are the most common tests and services that may be performed:
- Medical history review: A thorough review of personal and family medical history to understand potential genetic risks and identify any lifestyle factors that may affect health.
- Physical examination: A general physical exam often includes checking vitals such as blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature.
- Breast exam: A clinical breast exam to check for abnormalities or changes in the breast tissue that may indicate potential issues like cancer.
- Pelvic exam: This involves physically and visually examining the reproductive organs. This could include the external genitalia, the vagina, the cervix, and sometimes a bimanual examination (feeling) of the uterus and ovaries.
- Pap smear: This is usually performed during the pelvic exam. Cells from the cervix are collected and tested for abnormalities. This test can help detect cervical cancer in its early stages.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) test: Often conducted along with a Pap smear, it checks for high-risk HPV strains that are most likely to cause cervical cancer.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) testing: Tests for infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, and others, depending on a woman's sexual history and risk factors.
- Bone density screening: For women over 65, or those at high risk, this test measures bone mass to screen for osteoporosis.
- Mammography: This is an X-ray of the breast used to detect breast cancer. Women are typically advised to get annual mammograms starting at age 40 or 50, depending on their risk factors.
- Blood work: This could include a full blood count, cholesterol test, blood glucose test, thyroid function test, and others, based on the woman's age, health history, and risk factors.
- Vaccinations: Updating immunizations as necessary, such as the flu shot, HPV vaccine, and others, based on age and risk factors.
- Lifestyle discussion: Conversations about diet, exercise, sleep, stress, tobacco and alcohol use, and mental health.
UpCare Clinics Reviews
I love UPCARE clinics. They take the time to listen to your concerns and provide knowledgeable feedback. Was able to make an appointment same day!! Thank you, team for making my life better.
Everything was great! Friendly staff! Very helpful and very quick
The office was amazing! Prompt and gave me a lot of information!
Went in for annual physical. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
This place has an amazing staff, who truly takes time to listen and answer a million questions. The nurses are kind and the secretaries are friendly. Appointments are available relatively quickly.
Get In Touch
Stay On Top of Your Women's Wellness Needs
Dr. Gujarati and her colleagues at UpCare Clinics proudly provide women with preventative wellness and essential healthcare services, ensuring they lead vibrant and healthy lives. We urge our female patients to make it a habit to regularly visit us for comprehensive women’s health services, including proactive screenings for cervical cancer, addressing reproductive health issues, and more. For additional information or to set up a consultation, don't hesitate to reach out to our primary care office in Olathe, KS.